WHAT IS WFCS ?
FEW WORDS ABOUT WFCS
The World Federation for Company Sport (WFCS) is a voluntary non-profit organisation gathering national company sport and other federations working tirelessly to promote company sport across all continents.
These national federations are referent associations in their own countries to organise activities related to company sport. Most of these federations’ members are companies that differ in size, form, and activity. Company sport entails all types of sport and physical activities that can be organised by and within a company.
WFCS is a recent organisation as it was created on June 2nd, 2014 after needs for a worldwide federation were discussed between the European Federation for Company Sport (EFCS) President, Didier Besseyre, and company sport organisations in Asia.
The ceremony took place in Wiesbaden (Germany) in the halls of the Chancellery, under the high patronage of Mr Volker BOUFFIER, Minister President of Hesse. International representatives from company sport federations were also present during this first official event of the worldwide company sport federation.
This federation aims at promoting the development of worldwide company sport.
Core missions include:
– Strengthening human and cultural contacts across national borders through sport;
– Promoting regular physical activity within companies;
– Emphasizing the recreational and health-enhancing character of grassroots sport.
Values of the federation include health and well-being enhancement, togetherness, non- discrimination, ecological awareness, equality, social inclusion and relationships…
Related to management, corporate culture, health, social responsibility, individual and collective performance topics, physical activity and company sport are today a clear and adapted answer to companies and employees’ issues.
The WFCS’s targets are multiple. Sport activities target both active and retired employees as well as public authorities’ staff, who suffer a lack of company sport opportunities. Those who benefit less of such activities are the youth, the women and disabled people. Companies affiliated to the WFCS through their national federations for company sport can now help them get a proper access to company sport.
We organise sport events, and specifically the World Company Sport Games (Summer Games in even years and Winter Games in odd years).
Organisation of a wide spectrum of sport events initiated by national federations under the WFCS patronage;
– Organisation of conferences and workshops on themes related to company sport and health and well-being at work; company sport and performance, sport and social inclusion….
– Exchange of regular and systematic information on initiatives and good practices taken in company sport
– Exchange of regular and systematic information on initiatives and good practices taken in company sport across national borders;
– Representation of company sport national federations at world level.